Taylor Street’s “Little Italy” (2.5 hr.) was once the home to almost all of Chicago’s Calabrese and Sicilian immigrants. Little Italy remains a classic Chicago original.
- Pompeii Restaurant
- Giant-size sculpture of Christopher Columbus in Arrigo Park
- Statue of Joe DiMaggio occupies its own piazza.
- Our Lade of Notre Dame Church
- National Italian Sports Hall of Fame
- St. Ignatius College Prep School
- Mario’s Italian Lemonade
- Stop for a Cappuccino & Biscotti
Greektown (1.5 hr.) is an attempt to re-create café life in Greece within sight of the Chicago’s Loop. It features inexpensive tasty food, friendly ethnic restaurants, and cheap wine. OPAA!!
- Old St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, founded in 1846 by Irish Immigrants
- Hellenic Museum
- Various Greek restaurant, i.e., Greek Islands Restaurant, Parthenon Restaurant
- Greek Bakeries